But I am pretty sure I could handle this....
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. My secret dream job is a cake decorator or a doggy daycare. I would love to work for Duff on Ace of Cakes! It looks like so much fun. And they teach a class on it at the community college. Unfortunately the pay probably isn’t that great. But perhaps more realistically I have thought a great deal about an upscale doggy day care for the Park City clientele. Those people LOVE their dogs. I think almost more than their children.
2. I am scared of the dark. Not just scared, more like horrified. This results in Aaron having to fall asleep to Glenn Beck or Jon and Kate + 8 every night. This problem became particularly daunting when Aaron moved away to Colorado. My solution: weapons under the bed. Any weapon will do. One weekend when Aaron and his friends took the guns and went up to a cabin- I resorted to ski poles. Like I said, any weapon will do.
3. I crave tabloids. I can’t help it. I love to read the celebrity gossip. This makes me feel like I know them somehow. Many times I catch myself referring to celebs on a first name basis as though they are my friends. Example: “Honey I saw Kate got a gorgeous new bag today and I totally want one! But I am sure it’s way too expensive for us.” Aaron’s typical response “what are you talking about? Who is Kate???”
4. I have a thing about my food not touching. If I Williams Sonoma carried divided plates that would have been my wedding china for sure. You know the ones I am talking about. I have to be careful what I order in restaurants purposefully choosing dishes where cross-contamination is least likely. As for the old saying “it all goes to the same place”… although it may be true, I’m not buying it.
5. I want to go back to law school. This is much more serious randomness than the cake-decorating thing or the doggy daycare. If we are ever in a position where my income is not necessary I will apply to go back to law school. The words “shoulda been a lawyer” are spoken often in our home. The two most usual instances include: 1. Aaron blurting it out after an argument because I always win; and 2. Me sighing it half-heartedly to myself after a slow day at work.
6. I fall asleep in movie theaters. I do. I can’t help it. I have a movie start time threshold of about 6:00 pm. Any movie starting after that is a waste of money for me. I will fall asleep in the trailers, no matter how badly I want to see the movie and how hard I try to stay awake. I am an early to bed early to rise girl, but seriously, this is a bit ridiculous. I used to feel SOOO bad on dates. Poor Aaron doesn’t get to see movies in theaters very often. Redbox is a much safer bet for us.
Let’s see, I am only on SIX!?!?! Wow, 7 random things are a lot harder to come up with than I thought. Well, 7 interesting things anyway!7. I pull out my eyebrows when I am anxious or nervous. This is a BAD nervous tick I developed somewhere along the way. I notice it most often when I am sitting at work working on some big project deadline. I will look down and suddenly realize there is a pile of eyebrow hairs on my desk. Or when I am driving in traffic I will feel a pinch and look at my fingers which are then holding several little hairs. I think I get this from my dad.
So there you go Alexis! And anyone else interested in the inner workings of my mind.
I tag Whitney, of course, Carrie for payback, and Ashley. Have fun! :)
Sunday, October 19, 2008
And the baby didn't destroy anything! THANK GOODNESS!
Nick, Lorena, and Kirsten got here early so we could wrap my dad's HUGE present in old engineering plans from my work which Kirsten helped Aaron color on. -Hey I am just trying to do my part Reduce Reuse and Recycle.-
Kirsten also helped me cut the potatoes. Or is it potatos. Nope, it's definitely potatoes.
All in all it was pretty great. I love my dad SOOOO much and I really don't know what I would do without him. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
In completely unrelated news, I decorated my front porch for Halloween on Friday.
We have never lived anywhere that we could decorate before so I was really in the dark on how to go about this.
Adding to my decorative awkwardness was the fact that I am an engineer. We don't DO creative. We do math. That explains why everything is geometric and my spider webs look like equilateral triangles.
Friday, October 17, 2008
The thought of sweating makes me irate.
It's not that I am a lazy non-mobile person either. I get my share of activity through alternate means such as waterskiing, snowmobiling, skiing, riding horses, working on the ranch, etc. But to go to a gym and intentionally sweat... no thank you.
But let me tell you about a breakthrough I recently had. For reasons unbeknownst to even myself I stumbled upon a Jazzercise class that happened to be at 5:30 am. And I LOVE it. Maybe it's the music (Justin Timberlake- yes, Sexy Back-, Leona Lewis, Beyonce, Cheryl Crow, just to name drop a few) or the "older generation" of ladies I groove with, but it is actually awesome. Weird.
And the dogs... well they get their exercise swimming through the current of the Provo River.
I panic every time Aaron throws the stick WAAAAY across the rapids thinking my dogs are going to float away, but they always manage to come back. Er Somehow.
And Aaron. Well, let's be honest. He needs the anti-exercise plan. Mr. Skinny. But hey, did you notice we are FINALLY mowing our lawn?!?!? Oh yay for grass.
Friday, October 10, 2008
PEACHES COME FROM A CAN. THEY WERE PUT THERE BY A MAN
Sorry, I just couldn't help it.
Ahhhh I love the fall. The best part is canning and bottling so much awesome food from the garden. (No, not my own yet. Maybe next year.) Most people may think this is a boring lackluster chore, but those people obviously haven't ever canned with me and my mom.
So after day of picking FOUR RUBBERMAID BINS FULL of peaches up in Ogden, and one itchy rash-covered drive home, we went crazy.
By the way, a car full of peaches and two yellow labs smells strangely similar to Pizza Hut.
And thanks to Aaron for the awesome apron which was one of my anniversary gifts this year. I think I pretty much wear it every day.
I think the grand total was 62 quarts of peaches. It only stopped there due to lack of jars and we ended up sharing almost half the peaches with friends. Good thing I have an awesome food storage room in the basement. Too bad our food storage only consists of peaches. Oh, and a few potatoes. Do you win anything at the State Fair for stuff like this? I mean besides a ribbon? Nothing against ribbons or anything...