Monday, October 26, 2009

ST. GEORGE MARATHON 2009

Psyche, I didn't run it. Well, I ran a little bit of it. I jumped in with my mom around mile 25.

My mom ran her FIRST marathon Oct. 3 and she KILLED IT! We are all so so proud of her. She trained so hard - ran it in 3 hrs. 50 min. - and qualified for the Boston Marathon. Not bad for a 49 year old Grandma! haha. She's my inspiration to start running... someday.

Anyway, Aaron and I decided that "supporting her" provided a great excuse to go lay in the sun for a few days. Road Trip! Lots of family and lots of fun. Oh yeah, and lots of pics too.

DSC_0198DSC_0203

Here we are en route to St. George. Isla LOVES her carseat and enjoyed finally having company in the back seat with her.

DSC_0216DSC_0221DSC_0223

Night before. Getting ready.

DSC_0225DSC_0237

KT tape is magical, or so I hear. And Grandma with her 2 sweet grandbabies the night before the race.

DSC_0241

We woke up at 5 am to drive up the canyon to Veyo to watch her run by. It was dawn and the sunrise was gorgeous. But it was cooooold.

DSC_0257

At the finish line. Notice how Orion is the only "civilian" (non-runner or non-military) beyond the orange fence boundary... yeah he made friends with the security guard, chatted him up, and ended up getting let into the restricted access area. haha, OF COURSE HE DID!

DSC_0270DSC_0271DSC_0285

Looking good, eating melon, sporting the medal, and celebrating.

GOOD JOB MUM! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: