Monday, April 27, 2009

He Will Work for Food

For a few weeks now I have been stressing out about starting on the baby nursery. However Aaron always has different plans for the ENTIRE weekend, including but not limited to: skiing, fishing, throwing BBQ's, fishing, skating, and, um, NOT working on the nursery. Somehow I either pinned him down or guilt tripped him into doing some work around the house for almost the entire weekend! (Don't feel too sorry for him just yet, he will be on vacation for the next 3 weekends.)

He got the lawn mowed, built a rock retaining wall, and installed wainscoting in the baby's room. All in all it was an extremely productive weekend. We are waiting for his dad to come paint the room this weekend. Here are some before and during pics of the room in progress. Next week hopefully it will look totally different with all the paint done! So exciting.

Before


Hard at work


During


After. Well, for now. There's still tons to be done but hey, it's progress.


And this was my little project when I wasn't helping Aaron. This was my rocking chair when I was little and the idea is to sand and refinish it. It took me almost as long to sand it as it took Aaron to do all this woodwork. Go me.

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh my goodness! hard at work!!!! i know the nesting phase/... good times right!??? ooh it will be wonderful! post pics when done! yay! soo soo cute!!