Friday, May 28, 2010

Washington DC

About a month ago we had the opportunity to go to Washington DC for one of Aaron's good friend's wedding.  We figured since neither of us had been back there that we should spend some time and see everything.  Well, I am pretty sure that unless you live out there you will never truly be able to see everything.  But still... we tried.  We absolutely loved all the history and gained a lot deeper respect for our country.  It was a beautiful city.  However, I wouldn't say this was one of those vacations where you go to relax.  The city pace was 100x faster than our little town, traffic was 200x slower, and there were a million things to fit into one short week.

Some stops along the way...

ARLINGTON CEMETARY




THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL & WASHINGTON MONUMEMT

    


SLEPT THROUGH AN UNEVENTFUL CRAPPY FENCED VIEW OF THE WHITE HOUSE (which was the biggest letdown of the trip)
WENT TO THE SMITHSONIANS



AND THE ZOO



WENT TO THE TEMPLE

AND RAN A RACE IN DOWNTOWN DC

We did and saw so much more than this, but these were just some quick highlights.  I would definitely recommend if you haven't ever visited there, YOU SHOULD! 

3 comments:

Lindsey S. said...

I would love to go see D.C. What a fun trip!

WHIT said...

Cute! A Bell family trip!!! I'm kinda jealous of Isla for replacing me in the family. It's cool though...i get it.

Lindsey S. said...

We so should go to the zoo! I would love it. Bailey would love it too! Let me know when you would want to. Our next few weeks are going to be a bit crazy so it might be hard us. James little brother gets home from his mission next week and my entire family is all flying in that same day for our family reunion for 2 weeks. We will have a few days here and there. Bailey and I anyway. We would love to go when you guys want to, just let us know!