Friday, October 17, 2008

To Each His Own

Anyone who even remotely knows me knows there are two things that I definitely DON'T do...
Read
&
Exercise
The thought of sweating makes me irate.
It's not that I am a lazy non-mobile person either. I get my share of activity through alternate means such as waterskiing, snowmobiling, skiing, riding horses, working on the ranch, etc. But to go to a gym and intentionally sweat... no thank you.
But let me tell you about a breakthrough I recently had. For reasons unbeknownst to even myself I stumbled upon a Jazzercise class that happened to be at 5:30 am. And I LOVE it. Maybe it's the music (Justin Timberlake- yes, Sexy Back-, Leona Lewis, Beyonce, Cheryl Crow, just to name drop a few) or the "older generation" of ladies I groove with, but it is actually awesome. Weird.
And the dogs... well they get their exercise swimming through the current of the Provo River.
I panic every time Aaron throws the stick WAAAAY across the rapids thinking my dogs are going to float away, but they always manage to come back. Er Somehow.

And Aaron. Well, let's be honest. He needs the anti-exercise plan. Mr. Skinny. But hey, did you notice we are FINALLY mowing our lawn?!?!? Oh yay for grass.

2 comments:

Alexis Treese said...

Jazzercise!!! That sounds awesome! I hope you wear leg warmers. 5:30 am...That sounds terrible. I cant do the gym either although I do like spin classes. But a treadmill- soooo boring! As for our dogs... when I take Sammy and Moses for a walk I have to carry Sammy half way because he just gives up.

Kara and Mike Barber said...

That sounds like so much fun! I would love to join you sometime. So I want to learn to can peaches, you are so lucky you will have yummy peaches all winter,and guess what, Mike got me the same apron! I am excited you guys have grass!